Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Hello Life, Sure i'll sign for this bouquet!

On my trip to Illinois I had plenty of opportunities to photograph some beautiful natural flowers that grew wild in the backwoods. I am not sure the exact names of each flower but when i do find their names i will be sure to label them. I do have a detailed book that explains the meaning behind each flower if they are given to the ones you love that I will include the occasion to give these flowers out to a love one in the detailed description. I do know for roses there are numerous meanings, my favorite being a rose with thorns means "love at first site". Most of my flower pictures that I grab go to the women in my family. I hope to grow a whole garden stretching from coast to coast of my flower creations. I do not own a macro lens yet, but I find that I can get some great shots without that addition to the arsenal, for the moment. I've shot all these hand held as well, no tripod for these few. The big favorite of fellow photog is artificial sunflowers from the flower district in downtown. I went down there a few times and picked up great flowers for a great price. I used them in studio shots but was not thrilled with the results. They weren't as eye popping as I would have liked, they lacked a proper background. The third image is what I think a flower that is just waking up would look like, an early morning yawn. The first image is what tears of joy would run down the cheeks of this April flower. My third, shows a busy street of flowers open for business and one having that loyal lunch time customer, who never forgets to pay a visit. Thank you mother nature for some beautiful scenes to reflect upon. I don't know which is more important the photos to reflect on and ponder more, or the first moment of wonder that brought me to a halt. So I guess today's question shall be..."What is worth more to the memory, the years of a lifetime or the single second of a time "-Ryan "Bluetwig" Williams

No comments: